Committed to better energy, over 98, 000 employees help throughout the world to provide the Group’s customers with products and services that are safer, more affordable, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to the greatest number of people.
Total puts Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) at the heart of its activities and conducts its operations according to the following principles of:
- protecting the safety and security of people and its facilities;
- limiting its environmental footprint;
- ensuring that its Code of Conduct is applied in its sphere of operations;
- incorporating the challenges of sustainable development in the exercise of its activities;
- increasing its local operations by placing dialogue with its stakeholders at the heart of its policy and contributing to the economic and social development of the regions where the Group has operations with the objective of creating shared value;
- promoting equal opportunities and fostering diversity and cultural mix among its personnel.
OUR BUSINESS PARTNERS
TOSACO and Remgro
TotalEnergies Marketing South Africa is making significant progress in meeting a commitment to driving an adaptive economy characterised by growth, employment and equity. Our transformation strategy seeks to entrench our social responsibility commitment to supporting sustainable transformation, aligned with the South African legislative framework, specifically the Petroleum and Liquid Fuels Charter (LFC) and BBBEE Act.
TotalEnergies Marketing South Africa owns 36.6% of Natref Refinery
The Natref refinery at Sasolburg was commissioned in 1971 and has been at the cutting edge of refining technology since its inception. Situated inland, the refinery's market for heavy fuel oil was quite limited. As a result, it was designed to get the most out of crude oil and equipped with state-of-the-art technology. The refinery uses the bottoms up grading refining process using medium gravity crude oil and giving the refinery the capability of producing 70 percent more white product. TotalEnergies Marketing South Africa owns a 36.6% share in the Natref Refinery.
TotalEnergies’s solar affiliate, SunPower, is active in ground-mounted solar power plants and off-grid solar facilities in South Africa. It is currently building two solar power plants near Douglas, in the Northern Cape. TotalEnergies is also implementing decentralised rural electrification programs through KwaZulu Energy Services (KES).